Friday, April 04, 2003
USI faculty helping to expand horizons
The conference brings young women and female role models together. Events will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Physical Activities and Orr centers.
Dr. Nadine Coudret, dean of the USI School of Nursing and Health Professions, will be the keynote speaker. The conference also will include a variety of career exploration workshops.
Presenters will include a veterinarian, archaeologist, biochemist, engineer, graphic designer, naturalist, and Webmaster. University representatives will include:
· Dr. Jeanne Collins, assistant professor of chemistry
· Cynthia S. Goodwin, instructor in nursing
· Joan Kempf, assistant professor of graphic design
· Dr. Edie McClellan, assistant professor of psychology
· Dr. Laura Ruhala, assistant professor of engineering
· Mary Anne Wehmer, instructor in nursing.
The Evansville Branch of the American Association of University Women organized the conference in cooperation with the Girl Scouts. The event is supported by USI and the Pott School of Science and Engineering.
Dr. Eva Jermakowicz, USI associate professor of accounting, is serving as conference chair. Mona Maley, administrative clerk in USI Residence Life, is president of the Evansville Branch of the American Association of University Women.
For additional information, call Carolyn Kreighbaum , 812/868-0163, or Gloria Speer, 812/867-2237