The University of Southern Indiana (USI) seeks an entrepreneurial and strategic leader to guide the University’s planning process for enhanced recruitment and retention of students. This newly created position will report to the President of the University and be a member of President’s Council. The Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) provides strategic leadership and professional development for the offices of Admissions, Student Financial Assistance, Registrar, and University Division and will oversee departmental budgets and resource allocation for programs and services. The VPEM also will lead an Enrollment Management Council, which includes representatives of units across campus.
The University of Southern Indiana is one of the fastest growing institutions in Indiana, enrolling just under 10,000 students from 90 Indiana counties, 41 states, and 67 nations. The University is located in Evansville, IN, the third largest city in Indiana. USI is a comprehensive public university, classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as an engaged university for both Curricular Engagement and Outreach and Partnerships.
Working with the senior leadership team, the VPEM is responsible for the institution’s strategic enrollment plan, making certain that appropriate assessment and analytics support the strategic goals of the University. The VPEM will lead cross-functional institutional initiatives, assuring implementation, monitoring progress, and facilitating change.
Required qualifications include:
- Ability to shape a culture of evidence-based decision making with strong quantitative research skills, and accompanying skills in communicating data clearly;
- Strong working knowledge of recruitment funnel development and management, including targeted marketing;
- Broad knowledge of financial aid strategies that optimize yield to recruit students and to support the University’s goal of enhancing diversity;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and operate multiple units, including evidence of ability to transform processes and operations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty and administrative staff to advance recruitment and retention efforts; and
- Broad knowledge of retention strategies and ability to work with University partners in the assessment of those strategies.
- Doctorate required with evidence of quantitative training;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current enrollment and retention management practices;
- Minimum of ten years of experience in higher education, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility, with a significant portion in administration;
- Established record of effective leadership in recruitment and retention practices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and marketing.
To apply or to nominate a candidate for this position, please submit information to VPEMsearch@usi.edu. Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing the applicant’s qualifications related to the criteria above, current curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of five professional references. For full consideration, applications should be submitted by March 10, 2014.
All applications and nominations will remain strictly confidential. A public phase of the search will commence for finalists, who will be pre-notified of this phase.
The University of Southern Indiana is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer that values diversity, respects differences, and provides a sense of belonging and inclusion.