ACCESSING FINANCIAL INFORMATION
To Access Monthly Finance Reports through Banner Self Service
- Log onto the Internet and go to www.usi.edu.
- Click on the MyUSI link in the lower left hand corner.
- Click on the Sign In link in the upper right hand corner of the MyUSI start page.
- Ensure that the Self Service icon is highlighted and enter your User Name and Password.
- Click Sign In and then the Finance tab.
To view standard finance reports
- Click the Finance Report Selection link.
- Indicate your preferences if you are looking for a specific month, report, fund, or orgn. Otherwise, leave blank.
- Click Submit.
- If fewer choices are desired, make selection(s) in step 9 to filter results.
- To select a report, click the View link in the Selection column. This will open a new window with the report shown.
Note that when selecting XLS reports, you may get a warning box that says the report is not in the correct format.
If so, click Yes in response to the question “Do you want to open the file now.”
To print reports from Microsoft Excel 2007
- Select the Page Layout tab, click Orientation from the Page Setup group, and then click Landscape.
- Also on the Page Layout tab, select 1 page from the Width drop down box in the Scale to Fit group.
- Click the Microsoft Office button and select Print.
To print reports from previous versions of Microsoft Excel
- Select Page Setup from the File menu.
- On the Page tab, select the radio button for Fit to.
- Enter 1 in the box for Page(s) wide. Highlight 1 in the box for Tall and delete it,
leaving this box blank. Click okay.
- Select Print from the file menu.
Helpful information and tips
- The choices in the drop-down lists for Chart, Fund, and Organization will only list the
values that you are allowed to access according to Banner security.
- The Calendar Period selection will list only the values where reports do exist.
This may not necessarily correspond to reports that you can view due to Banner security.
- Expand the window to the full screen size for best viewing.
- Once you are viewing the report in Excel, you can use the usual options to save a copy
of the file to your computer.
Windows 7 User tips
- For problems printing the chosen report:
- In Excel under File ... go to Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings
- In the Protected View uncheck the first box.
- It is labeled 'Enable Protected View' for files originating from the internet.
- Click ok to apply the change.
- If Excel was opened from Banner you will have to close that Browser and start a new
session for the change to take effect.