The primary purpose of faculty development is to provide support to faculty in the improvement of teaching (including advising), scholarship, and leadership development.
- Supervise all activities of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Collaborate with the provost's office, college deans, department chairs, program directors and faculty.
- Chair the CETL Advisory Board.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and presentations for and by faculty & staff for the purpose of development in teaching, scholarship, and leadership.
- Work with the Council of Department Chairs and Program Directors to develop leadership seminars and workshops for department chairs and program directors.
- Organize and maintain orientation programming for new faculty members.
- Foster innovation in support of student learning.
- Work closely with Instructional Technology Services in promoting use of technology as well as distance education delivery.