We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to maintain your privacy. All communications, including your decision to even seek counseling, are kept confidential. We will not release information about you to anyone outside the Counseling Center without your written consent, except for certain exceptions that are required by law.
Exceptions to confidentiality include, but are not limited to the following:
- If we believe you are in imminent danger of self-harm.
- If there is reason to believe that child, elder, or dependent abuse has occurred.
- If you report being sexually assaulted and are under the age of 18.
- If you express threats of violence towards another person.
- If federal law enforcement officials request your information under the United States Patriot Act.
- Under court order, subpoena or as otherwise required by law.
Any required disclosure will be made to the appropriate authority and will be limited to material relevant to the issues involved. Additionally, should you be assessed to be a danger to yourself or others, or if hospitalization is pursued (either voluntarily or involuntarily), information about the situation will be disclosed to appropriate university personnel, your parents or guardians (as appropriate), and other essential third parties.
The Counseling Center staff often work as a team. Your Counseling Center staff member may consult with other members of the Counseling Center staff in providing services to you.
Location: OC 1051
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
9/2: Student Involvement Fair, @ the Quad, 2 - 6 pm
9/10: World Suicide Prevention Day - Information Table, @ Rice Library, 11 am - 1 pm
9/12: QPR Suicide Gatekeeper Training, @ Carter Hall (UC West), 9 - 11:30 am
9/14: Mindful Mondays - Challenges of Mindful Studying, @ UC 2217, 4 - 5 pm
9/16: The Power Hour, @ Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
9/24: Mental Health Screenings, @ Rice Library, 3 - 5 pm
9/28: Mindful Mondays - Becoming Your Own Friend, @ UC 2217, 4 - 5 pm
9/30: Wonderful World of Wellness Fair, @ Carter Hall (UC West), 8:30 am - 3 pm