We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to maintain your privacy. All communications, including your decision
to even seek counseling, are kept confidential. We will not release information about you to anyone outside the Counseling Center without your
written consent, except for certain exceptions that are required by law.
Exceptions to confidentiality include, but are not limited to the following:
- If we believe you are in imminent danger of self-harm.
- If there is reason to believe that child, elder, or dependent abuse has occurred.
- If you report being sexually assaulted and are under the age of 18.
- If you express threats of violence towards another person.
- If federal law enforcement officials request your information under the United States Patriot Act.
- Under court order, subpoena or as otherwise required by law.
Any required disclosure will be made to the appropriate authority and will be limited to material relevant to the issues involved. Additionally, should you be assessed to be a danger to yourself or others, or if hospitalization is pursued (either voluntarily or involuntarily), information about the situation will be disclosed to appropriate university personnel, your parents or guardians (as appropriate), and other essential third parties.
The Counseling Center staff often work as a team. Your Counseling Center staff member may consult with other members of the Counseling Center staff in providing services to you.
Safe Spring Break Fair @ UC East Lobby, 11am-1:30pm
The Power Hour @ Multicultural Center (UC East), 12-1pm
Wednesday Workshop: Building Self-Esteem @ UC 2220, 4-5pm
A Photographic Journey through an Inaccessible World! @ Cater Hall D, 3-4:30pm
Free Assistive Technology Resources for Residents of Indiana @ Carter Hall, 3-4:30 pm
Haters, Sinners, and the Rest of Us: The Gay Debate Today (co-sponsored by the Counseling Center) @ FA3 4:30-6pm
iPad Accessibility and Apps for People with Disabilities @ Carter Hall, 6-8pm
How Much Do You Really Know about Disabilities? @ UC 2219, 3-4:30 pm
* To learn more,
please see our Outreach
& Programming Guide.