USI's Alcohol & Drug Prevention page is an excellent resource for information. We understand that many people want to "party" and the goal of this page is to help people have fun safely, reasonably, and responsibly should they choose to use. Here you will find:
- Factual information about alcohol & marijuana
- Information about alcohol & marijuana use on campus
- Information about USI policies and legal penalties
- Signs of alcohol poisoning and drug overdose
- Information about USI's medical amnesty program that will limit the amount of trouble you may get in if you need to call for help
- Information about the "Safe Ride" program that allows you to get a cab when you have no cash.
Click here to take one of our online screenings and get personal information about your alcohol use and learn about whether you might have a problem.
Do you see your friends drinking or smoking their life away?
Maybe you or your peers need information on Bystander Intervention. Check out Make the First Move webpage. Dare to be the red sheep!
Community resources for additional assistance:
Southwestern Behavioral Health: 812-473-3144
Deaconess Cross Pointe: 812-476-720
Brentwood Meadows: 812/858-7200
Adapt Counseling: 812-421-9900
New Visions: 812-422-6812
Counseling for Change: 812-491-2615
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in Evansville (AA)
Narcotics Anonymous meetings in Evansville (NA)
Location: OC 1051
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
11/1: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
11/7: Be Rested to Do Well resource table, @ UC North, 11 am - 1 pm
11/15: The Power Hour, @ the Multicultural Center (UC East), 12 - 1 pm
11/20: Transgender Day of Remembrance
11/28: Be Calm to Do Well resource table, @ UC North, 11 am - 1 pm
12/4: Paws & Play: De-stress with therapy dogs, @ RFWC Quiet Lounge, 11 am - 1 pm
12/5: Paws & Play: De-stress with therapy dogs, @ RFWC Quiet Lounge, 11 am - 1 pm
12/6: Chai Chat, @ UC 2205, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
To learn more about these events, please go to the Outreach & Programming Guide (Fall 2017).