Instructions for Faculty with Students Using Extra Time on Exams
Testing Procedures for Students with Disabilities
As a faculty member who has a student with a documented disability, you may choose to administer your exam with all the approved accommodations or you may take advantage of The Office of Disability Resources (ODR) testing area.
Should you choose to have your student complete his/her exam(s) in the ODR office, please read our procedures for test administration below.
Should you have a student who qualifies for extended examination time, please know that giving extra time to the whole class is not considered to be an acceptable accommodation.
- Exams can be submitted electronically by completing the Electronic Test Submission Form found on this web page and attaching the exam along with any additional needed resources. If more than 1 student is taking the same exam please be sure to include all student names on the form.
- Exams may be delivered in person with a paper testing instruction form included for each student. Additional forms are available on this web page
- Please deliver or submit exams to the ODR office no later than 4:00 pm the day before testing.
- The ODR office will have scantrons, basic calculators and scratch paper available for electronically submitted exams. If you deliver the exams in person we would appreciate having the needed materials included with the exams.
- We recommend professors pick up completed exams, but if you wish, exams may be sent back through campus mail
- Final exams – due to limited space we will utilize block scheduling for finals. Start times for final exams will be announced at a later date.
- Please note - space for testing is only available for students with documented disabilities who have completed registration in Disability Resources.
Thank you for your assistance! We look forward to our continued, successful work together, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, 812/464-1961.