The Department of Distance Learning at USI offers exam proctoring services Distance Learning students. Prior appointment is reuqired by sending your request at email@example.com or call 821/228-5124 to schedule an exam proctoring session.
- Tuesday 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Wednesday 4:00pm – 7:00pm
The exam porctoring services is located in room 46 Forum Wing (FA0046), The Byron C. Wright Administration Building on the USI Campus. An online USI campus map can be found at http://www.usi.edu/visit/map/.
- Distance learning course exam dates are set by the instructors. You are responsible for communicating with your instructor regarding course exams and exam schedules.
- If you cannot take an exam on the scheduled date, you must obtain permission from the instructor to take it at the Distance Learning office. If your request is regarding a vacation or work conflict, and the proctor’s schedule cannot accommodate your request, you will have to make arrangements to take the exam on the scheduled date. If you cannot take the exam on the scheduled date due to unforeseen extraordinary circumstances, you must provide written documentation (doctor’s excuse, etc.), or you may not be given a make-up exam.
- Exams are proctored at the USI Learning Office by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, refer to the proctoring session schedule above and then call the Distance Learning office at 812/228-5124 or 800/813-4238. You are expected to take an exam as scheduled by the course instructor. If you fail to give prior notice that you are unable to keep the exam appointment, the exam may be returned to the instructor.
- If your exam is being mailed to our office, call the Distance Learning office at least two days prior to the scheduled exam date to make sure your exam has arrived. If your exam has not been received by the Distance Learning office, it is your responsibility to contact the course instructor and request the exam be sent.
- Remember to bring in picture identification on the day of your exam, such as a student ID or driver’s license.
- Bring in allowed materials for the exam. The course instructor dictates which materials can be used for the exam, such as pen, pencil, lined paper, calculator, etc.
- If your exam is print-based, the Distance Learning proctor will forward the completed exam and any related material to the course instructor (either a USI instructor or one teaching at another institution).