for small businesses ready to move to the next level
A program funded by the US Department of Agriculture Rural
Eight small businesses in southwestern Indiana will benefit from a grant the University of Southern Indiana has received from the Department of Agriculture Rural Development Office.
• This is a client centered program presented by USI
Outreach & Engagement and funded by a USDA grant and
client participation fees.
• Examples of the assistance available include strategic planning as well as aid in improving operational efficiency, and developing human resources, sales, marketing, and financial processes.
• There are 5 phases to this program: Personal Assessment, Project Planning, Business Assessment, Strategy Development and Closing.
• We will be working with 8 companies within this grant. We will have two recruiting rounds, accepting 4 small businesses in each round. The 1st round participants were selected in December 2011. The 2nd round participants will be announced by July 9, 2012.
• Our goal is to complete our work for a given client within 8 to 12 weeks from our first meeting. This is driven in large part by your ability to set aside times for meetings.
• This is an aggressive, robust program to help you rethink your business.
The competitively-selected businesses will receive technical assistance; including personal and business assessment, tactical support, strategy development and development of roadmaps to move them towards their vision. To qualify, companies must be privately-owned businesses of any type meeting the following criteria:
Be able to invest $1,500 to cover a portion of the costs of services rendered.
Project activities for the 2nd round are tentatively scheduled to be completed between July of 2012 and March of 2013. Four companies will be selected for participation in this round. Companies interested in applying should complete the application by June 13.
The selected companies will be announced July 9.