The Faculty Senate of the University of Southern Indiana shall:
- Prepare revisions of the By-laws.
- Supervise and be responsible for faculty elections.
- Create faculty committees, recognize the elected members, and define the responsibilities and authority of such committees.
- Fill, for the unexpired term, vacancies which occur in any faculty committee.
- Serve as a board of appeals for faculty committee actions that are unsatisfactory to those areas affected by the actions.
- Serve as a channel of communications in matters of faculty between the academic faculty and the administration.
- Serve as the representative agency of the academic faculty in matters of faculty affairs.
- Participate in the formulation of basic policies pertaining to faculty welfare.
- Participate in the formulation of basic policies governing the campus
building and their development.
- Assist in any endeavor to improve the functions of the University and assist in planning for the future development of the Univesrity upon the request of the president.