The Student Affairs Committee is composed of a faculty member appointed from each academic college by the Faculty Senate and three student members appointed by the Student Government Association. The president may appoint ex-officio members to the committee. Functions of the committee are:
- To review and recommend general University policies dealing with:
- Admissions, retention, and academic standards.
- University scholarships, awards, and honors.
- Student orientation toward academic life.
- Student assessment of the total learning environment.
- Student academic advisement.
- Student appeals related to behavior with respect to curriculum and instruction.
- To make final decisions in the appeal cases of students denied admission or readmission through ordinary University channels.
- To select the recipients of University-wide awards, including the President's Medal.
Dr. Daniel Bauer
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Liberal Arts Center 3008
Dr. Oana Armeanu
Associate Professor of Political Science
Liberal Arts Center 3065
Dr. Edward Rehkopf
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Science Center 3267
Dr. Kenneth Shemroske
Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems
Business and Engineering Center 2045
Dr. Jennifer Titzer
Lecturer - Nursing and Health Professions
Health Professions Center 2114
Mrs. Beth Young
Instructor in Food and Nutrition
Health Professions Center 2105
* In 2014-2015 Student Affairs Committee will return to having five members and the next at-large elections will be held for the 2015-2017 term.