The Student Affairs Committee is composed of a faculty member appointed from each academic college by the Faculty Senate, one At-Large member, and three student members appointed by the Student Government Association. The president may appoint ex-officio members to the committee. Functions of the committee are:
- To review and recommend general University policies dealing with:
- Admissions, retention, and academic standards.
- University scholarships, awards, and honors.
- Student orientation toward academic life.
- Student assessment of the total learning environment.
- Student academic advisement.
- Student appeals related to behavior with respect to curriculum and instruction.
- To make final decisions in the appeal cases of students denied admission or readmission through ordinary University channels.
- To select the recipients of University-wide awards, including the President's Medal.
Dr. Edward Rehkopf
Associate Professor of MathematicsAssociate Chair of Mathematics Department
Science Center 3267
Dr. Swateja Nimkar
Assistant Professor of Health Services
Health Professions Center 2115
Dr. Norma Rosas Mayén
Associate Professor of Spanish
Liberal Arts Center 3069
* In 2014-2015 the Student Affairs Committee returned to five members.
FORMER COMMITTEE MEMBERS