Doctor of Nursing Practice Admission
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Completed master's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Earned graduate program GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Satisfactorily completed a course in graduate research (grade of B or better)
All application materials for admission review, including all transcripts, must be received by the proper departments by January 15 for fall admission. One cannot be considered until both applications are deemed complete. Please note that admission is competitive. Admission is once a year.
Applicants seeking admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must complete two applications:
Application number one - USI Graduate Studies Application:
- Application to University of Southern Indiana’s Office of Graduate Studies A completed application to the University of Southern Indiana as a graduate student. This application requires a $40 application fee. The Acceptance Committee cannot review your application without confirmation that your application to the University of Southern Indiana is complete.
- Official transcripts should be sent to Office of Graduate Studies c/o Dr. Mayola Rowser, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47712. To ensure proper handling of your transcripts, do not have your transcripts sent to Graduate Nursing, Nursing Admissions, or reference "Nursing" in any way on the transcript request. International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Application number two - USI DNP Program Application:
- Application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions' DNP program A completed application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions DNP Program.
- Submission of an unencumbered RN license.
- Submission of a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submission of three professional references—a minimum of one reference should be from faculty in your graduate program. These may be emailed, faxed or mailed.
- Submission of a 1-2 page narrative describing your practice experience and your professional goals,—include the area of nursing practice you will focus on in the program.
- Complete the Capstone Project Information Form. Describe a practice related issue that will serve as the focus of your capstone project; include the significance and impact of the project to nursing and health care.
- When submitting documents please ensure your name is on each page.
- There is not a preferred method of receipt for your application materials. We recommend submitting documents by email as we can confirm receipt. Email address for the receipt of all application materials is email@example.com.
- Our secure fax number is 812/465-7092. All faxes are automatically converted to a pdf file upon receipt.
- Our mailing address is: College of Nursing and Health Professions c/o Graduate Nursing Admissions, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47712.
- Faculty may request an interview with an applicant once all the admission criteria listed above have been met.
Application deadline is January 15 for the following fall. Admission is once a year.