Master of Science in Nursing Admission
The admission requirement for the Graduate Nursing Program are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a nationally accredited school earned prior to applying to the MSN program.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE a minimum cumulative baccalaureate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Satisfactory completion of a course in undergraduate statistics (grade C or better) at the time of application.
- Recommended but not required: one year full-time or two thousand hours of clinical practice as an RN within the last five years.
All application materials for acceptance must be received by February 1 for the following fall admission.
Application number one:
- A completed application to the University of Southern Indiana as a graduate student. This application requires a $40 application fee. The Acceptance Committee cannot review your application without confirmation that your application to University of Southern Indiana is complete. International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
- All transcripts should be sent to Office of Graduate Studies c/o Dr. Mayola Rowser, 8600 University Blvd., Evansville, IN 47712
- To ensure proper handling of your transcripts, do not have your transcripts sent to Graduate Nursing, Nursing Admissions, or reference "Nursing" in any way on the transcript request. The College of Nursing and Health Professions cannot properly document the receipt of your transcripts.
Application number two:
- Current professional resume
- Submission of an unencumbered RN license(s). As many states no longer provide paper copies of the RN license, a version of the online confirmation is acceptable.
- The receipt of two professional references on your behalf. We have created a form that you may provide to your references. The references may be faxed or mailed directly to the College of Nursing and Health Professions, c/o Graduate Nursing Admissions. A link to the form is provided here.
- Applicants are asked to write a 1-2 page essay on their professional goals. Many previous applicants address the reasons they selected nursing as a career, state their current position(s) in nursing, and conclude with a discussion about what they intend to do with their degree once the MSN is completed.
When submitting documents please ensure your name is on each page.
There is not a preferred method of receipt for your application materials. We recommend submitting documents by email as we can confirm receipt. Our email address for the receipt of all application materials is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our secure fax number is 812/205-2967. All faxes are automatically converted to a pdf file upon receipt.
Our mailing address is: College of Nursing and Health Professions c/o Graduate Nursing Admissions, 8600 University Blvd, Evansville, IN 47712