All students entering the University of Southern Indiana for the first time and/or living in University Housing must meet the immunization requirements of the University and Indiana Code 21-40-5 enacted by the 2007 Indiana General Assembly.
To comply with the requirements, you must provide current documentation of the following immunizations:
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccines; First MMR must be given after 1957 and not before first birthday, or a physician’s written statement of immunity to measles and mumps due to having had the infection or proof of immunity through titers. Students born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from the MMR requirement.
- Tetanus/diphtheria (TD booster/Tdap) within the past 10 years, tetanus toxoid alone NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Tuberculosis (International Students Only) All international students must provide documentation of TB testing in the United States. Send medical documentation, including your student ID number, to the University Health Center (Contact Information Found Below).
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) Risk Acknowledgement form. All students MUST read and sign this form verifying review of information on risks of meningococcal disease (Meningitis), before returning it.
Acceptable documentation consists of one or more of the following:
- Copy of your immunization records from high school or another postsecondary institution
- Physicians’ statement showing the month, day and year during which the vaccinations were administered or infection was experienced.
- Completion of the USI Student Immunization form with doctor’s signature
- Personal record maintained by your or your family showing the month, day and year during which the vaccinations were administered.
Exemptions from Immunization may be made for meeting state requirements under certain conditions, such as health circumstances which contraindicate immunization, pregnancy, suspected pregnancy, religious objections, or participation in a current sequence of immunizations. A written statement from a physician is necessary in all health circumstances. Further information may be obtained by contacting the University Health Center at 812-465-1250 or in Room 0091 in the Health Professions Center.
Immunization Exemption Form
The documentation must be mailed, delivered or faxed to the University Health Center prior to the start of your first semester at USI.
- Fax 812-465-7170;
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brought to the University Health Center on the lower level of the HP building; or
- Mailed to University of Southern Indiana, Immunizations HP0091, 8600 University Blvd, Evansville, IN 47712.