Show your USI spirit by decorating your department’s office. Judging will be based on:
- Use of the theme: “Paint It Red, White, And Blue”
- Red and blue colors
- USI’s name and/or images
The winner of the contest will receive a trophy that will travel among winning departments from year to year. Judging will take place between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, January 31, 2017.
- When using lights, do not string lights or extension cords underneath your windows or doors. Use the exterior outlets and be sure the lights you are using are UL Rated for exterior use.
- Do not string lights across where people walk; this could create a trip hazard
- Do not cover your office door numbers. These must be visible at all times
- When putting decorations on your windows, please consider the type of tape or glue you are using and choose a type that will come off and clean up easily
- Use only decorations that are non-flammable
- Do not place decorations around lights
- Decorations cannot restrict the view of any Exit signs
- Decorations cannot restrict the movement through hallways, entrances and exits of the office/building
- All decorations should be discarded promptly after the contest
If you plan to participate in the contest, please complete the online registration form.
The deadline to sign up is Friday, January 20, 2017.