If you meet the following criteria, we want you to apply to the Honors Program! Students from all majors are welcome.
- SAT score of 1290 or higher on the Math and Critical Reading sections or ACT composite of 27 or higher, AND
- High school grade-point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher
If you're a strong student with a high school GPA of 3.5 or above, but you do not meet the test score requirement above, we welcome you to apply to the Honors Program. This group includes international students who may not have taken a standardized test. Please complete the application AND write a short essay (250-500 words) answering the following questions:
Why do you want to be part of the Honors Program? Why is academic excellence important to you?
Email your essay to: email@example.com.
Transfer Students and Current USI Students
- Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours at USI or elsewhere with a cumulative 3.25 GPA
- If you have taken Honors courses at another college or university, your Honors credits may transfer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire!
To earn a University Honors Scholar diploma and complete the Honors Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Take 7 classes for Honors credit, including the following:
- One Honors Seminar Class, which can be the Honors section of UNIV 101, Honors 101, or Honors 102.
- One Honors Capstone contract must be added to a 300 or 400 level class in your major or minor. If your major is Biology, you must contract another 300 or 400 level class towards that major. Biology majors cannot add an Honors contract to their Biology synthesis class.
- Students must earn an A or B in an Honors class to receive Honors credit for that class.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25.
- If a student's GPA falls below 3.25, they will be put on probation and have one semester to increase cumulative GPA to 3.25.
- If the student does not increase cumulative GPA to 3.25 after one semester of probation, they will be dismissed from the program.
- Honors Activity Requirement: All Honors students will be required to attend at least three hours of Honors activities each semester. Please see the events calendar to see point opportunities. The Honors Program sends out a weekly email with additional point opportunities.