Shaping our living learning experience into an exceptional community.
It is the mission of Housing and Residence Life to provide a high quality, affordable, convenient, and safe living environment for members of the USI community that is culturally enriching, conducive to academic success, and creates opportunities for personal growth.
We engage all members of Housing and Residence Life with the USI community by promoting a positive culture with opportunities to work together, to problem solve and to build strong working connections as team members.
We value civility and diversity in all forms. By challenging ourselves to continue to grow in our understanding of self and others, we celebrate the diversity of our community through inclusion. We respect each other's differences by providing a safe living environment regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, experience, gender, lifestyle, nationality, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, talent, or veteran status.
We are innovative thinkers who welcome change through continual improvement. We are resilient, embracing challenges and overcoming adversity.
We are ethical professionals who embrace honesty, trust, and mutual respect; through these principles we create a strong community.
We shape the residential environment to influence and impact the growth and development of our community and its members.
- Strengthen and streamline Housing and Residence policies and procedures.
- Cultivate a competent, engaged professional and student staff.
- Create progressive initiatives supporting the needs of our residents.
- Establish a coordinated communication strategy to increase Housing and Residence Life visibility and collaboration with the University community.
Housing and Residence Life upholds a philosophy based on the ideals of education, responsibility and acceptance. The department maintains a strong commitment to our community members (residents) in upholding these ideals. In accordance with these ideals, students and staff in our community agree to:
- Be a positive contributing member of our community.
- Openly communicate in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Explore new ideas and beliefs, define their values, and act in accordance with them.
- Take initiative to develop personal goals and work toward accomplishing these goals.
- Be open to and understand a variety of different perspectives.
Congruent with our departmental values of collaboration, diversity, innovation, integrity and learning, Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing a variety of opportunities for residents to practice these ideals both individually and as a community.