Shaping our living learning experience into an exceptional community.
It is the mission of Housing and Residence Life to provide a high quality, affordable, convenient, and safe living environment for members of the USI community that is culturally enriching, conducive to academic success, and creates opportunities for personal growth.
We engage all members of Housing and Residence Life with the USI community by promoting a positive culture with opportunities to work together, to problem solve and to build strong working connections as team members.
We value civility and diversity in all forms. By challenging ourselves to continue to grow in our understanding of self and others, we celebrate the diversity of our community through inclusion. We respect each other's differences by providing a safe living environment regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, experience, gender, lifestyle, nationality, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, talent, or veteran status.
We are innovative thinkers who welcome change through continual improvement. We are resilient, embracing challenges and overcoming adversity.
We are ethical professionals who embrace honesty, trust, and mutual respect; through these principles we create a strong community.
We shape the residential environment to influence and impact the growth and development of our community and its members.
- Strengthen and streamline Housing and Residence policies and procedures.
- Cultivate a competent, engaged professional and student staff.
- Create progressive initiatives supporting the needs of our residents.
- Establish a coordinated communication strategy to increase Housing and Residence Life visibility and collaboration with the University community.
Housing and Residence Life upholds a philosophy based on the ideals of education, responsibility and acceptance. The department maintains a strong commitment to our community members (residents) in upholding these ideals. In accordance with these ideals, students and staff in our community agree to:
Personal Responsibility and Competence
- Students will learn appropriate and effective communication skills.
- Students will understand the context of their actions and the impact those actions have on the lives of others in the community.
- Students will practice behaviors that promote health, safety, and personal wellness.
- Students will be challenged to recognize their responsibility to advocate for members of their community and appropriately challenge unjust or uncivil behavior of other individuals or groups.
- Students will understand the positive impact of service for self, others, and community.
- Students will demonstrate respect for differing perspectives by living and interacting appropriately with members of their community.
- Students will create and build connections with faculty, staff, students, and the USI campus.
Application of Knowledge
- Students will be able to identify and analyze problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Students will use effective verbal and appropriate non-verbal communication skills that promote collaboration.
- Students will be encouraged to reflect on knowledge gained in the classroom.
Congruent with our departmental values of collaboration, diversity, innovation, integrity and learning, Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing a variety of opportunities for residents to practice these ideals both individually and as a community.
2015-16 housing application available online (12pm CST)
Deadline for RA applications for 2015-16 year
Fall 2014 Hours
Mon - Fri 8am-12am
Sat - Sun 12pm-12am
Fall 2014 Hours
Mon - Fri 7:30am-1am
Sat - Sun 9am-1am
11/26: 8am-2pm store only
Fall 2014 Hours
Mon - Thur 8am-11:30pm