RoomSync, our new roommate matching software through Facebook, empowers you to find the ideal roommate. RoomSync is free and available to students who have completed and signed their on-campus housing contract for 2015-2016. (RoomSync will be available on February 1, 2015.)
USI Housing and Residence Life works closely with RoomSync to provide students with the unique opportunity to interact with other students while safely finding future roommates. Students can only use the RoomSync application using their USI Student ID. Housing and Residence Life encourages students, as always, to use caution while using social media.
If you have questions about how to use the RoomSync app, please contact USI Housing and Residence Life or visit the RoomSync Support page.
1. Log into Facebook.
2. Search for "RoomSync" and click on the blue "Go to App" button.
3. Click "Allow" to give the app permission to access your information. (This is how you and your potential roommate matches will begin to learn more about each other, through the information posted on Facebook. If you have privacy settings that limit the information you share, your potential matches will only be allowed to see the information you do not have blocked.)
4. Type your name exactly as it appears on Facebook in the box provided. The application is case-sensitive, and don't include any extra spaces before or after your name.
5. Click on the blue button "I Agree to U-Match Terms."
6. In the "Join a Network Community" box type and select University of Southern Indiana.
7. Select the appropriate "Sub-Network, " either first-year student or upperclass/returning/transfer student.
8. Your passcode is your USI Student ID number (000xxxxxx)
9. In the "Select a Room Type" box choose "Any Room Type." (You may preference a more specific room type in a later question.)
10. Click the blue "Next" button.
11. Enter your Lifestyle Preferences and Ideal Roommate Information and click the blue "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
12. Select your Major(s) and click the blue "Next" button.
13. Follow prompts.
14. When you get to the final page, click the blue "Find a Roommate" button and start searching. Have Fun!
How exactly does RoomSync work?
Students choosing to live on-campus, may use the RoomSync app on Facebook. Once inside, they can fill out their lifestyle preferences such as preferred bedtime, visitor frequency, etc. and describe their ideal roommate. They then search for roommates at their University by referring to lifestyle preferences and Facebook profile information. Users can also search for a specific word in a profile like 'soccer', or by academic major and preferred residence community.
Roommate matches made on RoomSync are UNOFFICIAL and students are responsible for selecting each other during the Self-Assign Precess.
What is my deadline for finding a roommate on RoomSync?
Once you have a housing contract, you may enter your roommate selection(s) until July 1, 2015.
If you want to use the RoomSync application to find a roommate or meet other students living in your residential community, you must have a Facebook account.
Do I have to use RoomSync?
Using RoomSync is optional. If you already know who you want your roommate to be, enter your information directly when you complete Self-Assign.
I want to live in a Living Learning Community. Can I still use RoomSync?
You can still use RoomSync to find your roommate. You and the potential roommate must be qualified for the same Learning Community and must request each other on the LLC Application.
How will I know if someone would like to my roommate?
If interested in being roommates with a person found in RoomSync, the person places a request in RoomSync. RoomSync then sends you an email with the person's name, a link to that person's profile and a roommate request. You should check out the requestor's profile and if you think this person would be a good match, accept his roommate request.