USI Housing and Residence Life offers four apartment communities for freshmen to senior students.
O'Daniel South apartment community is home to over 650 residents and is the largest housing community. O'Daniel North apartment community is home to over 600 residents. Both communities house freshmen as well as upperclassmen and are home to many campus activities. Men and women are housed in separate apartment units. O'Daniel South also is home to USI's Office of Religious Life, Housing and Residence Life Services, the O'Daniel volleyball court, and the Meditation Trail. O'Daniel North is home to the USI Housing and Residence Life Office (HRL), the mailroom for O'Daniel South and O'Daniel North residents, and the apartment community computers.
O'Daniel South consists of 10 apartment buildings: Bigger, Wallace, Noble, Ray, Hendricks (South), Boon, Jennings, Whitcomb, Dunning and Wright.
O'Daniel North has 11 buildings: Schricker, Branigin, Townsend, McNutt, Leslie, Welsh, Gates, Craig, Bowen, Orr, and Bayh.
All apartments in O'Daniel North and South have exterior door entrances and a split bedroom layout.
Photos are from the show apartment in Goodrich (decorations and accessories not included). This show apartment represents a typical two bedroom, four person apartment in O'Daniel South, O'Daniel North and McDonald West. Click on the thumbnail photos to see larger. Please remember that while buildings are similar room/window dimensions and furniture/flooring styles will vary.
McDonald West apartment community, housing over 550 freshmen to senior residents, is home to the Residence Life Community Center, which includes a large meeting space, laundry room, a basketball court, and sand volleyball courts. The McDonald East apartment community, where mostly junior, senior and graduate students reside, is home to 360 residents and includes five buildings for Greek organizations. Both communities house men and women in separate apartment units.
McDonald West consists of nine buildings with exterior door entrances and split bedroom design: Jackson, McCray, Goodrich, Ralston, Branch, Durbin, Hanly, Saletta, and Marshall.
McDonald East apartments have interior door entrances: Baker, Hendricks (East), Williams, Gray, Porter, Willard, Hammond, Lane, Morton, Matthews, Chase, Mount, and Hovey.
See photos above for the show apartment that represents McDonald West.
- Each apartment is equipped with a full kitchen, including range/oven, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, sink, garbage disposal and cabinets.
- Living areas include couch, chair, end table and coffee table
- Dining areas have a dining table and four chairs
- Each bedroom as a private bathroom
- Bedrooms include two desks, two chairs, nightstand, dresser(s), and two twin beds with mattresses (beds are standard size twin)
- Limited number of single-occupancy bedrooms have a double bed
- Carpet (some have vinyl wood flooring)
- 700 square feet (room layouts)
- Overhead lighting with ample outlets for individual lamps (halogen not permitted)
- Bedrooms equipped with Ethernet connections and wireless Internet access
- Two air conditioning units - individually controlled (McDonald East provides central air conditioning)
- Four people per apartment, two per bedroom
- Vending machines throughout the complexes
- Large laundry room in O'Daniel South, additional laundry facilities available in each apartment building in McDonald East community; a large laundry room is located in the Residence Life Community Center in McDonald West
- O'Daniel North offers access to lounge areas in the HRL office with computer access
- Cable outlets in living room and bedrooms