During the Open Enrollment period as a benefit eligible employee, you have the opportunity to evaluate your insurance needs and make changes in your benefits for the following plan year. The 2017 Open Enrollment period will be October 26th, 2016, through November 9th, 2016.
What’s new for 2017?
- No plan design changes and no premium changes on the medical plan for 2017!
- Dental Rates will have a slight increase, less than a dollar per month!
- A new vision provider will be introduced in 2017, with a rate match for 2017 and beyond!
- New Anthem Live Health Online, see a doctor from the comfort of your bed!
What do I need to do during Open Enrollment?
- Enroll in, drop or change coverage in the medical, dental or vision insurance plans, including adding or dropping dependents.
- Enroll or re-enroll in the flexible benefit plan. Note: You must enroll in this plan annually.
- Enroll or re-enroll in a health savings account, as long as you elect the CDHP/HSA health option. Note: You must resubmit the HSA Election Form annually.
- Enroll in, drop or change coverage in the additional life or short-term disability.
- Turn in all forms to the Benefits Team for changes by November 9th 2016!
It is very important that you take time to review the enclosed information closely as you make your health care choices for 2017. This will be the only opportunity to make any changes for the 2017 plan year, without a qualifying event.
At the University of Southern Indiana, we value our faculty, support staff and administrators, and recognize them as our greatest asset. The University provides a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, paid time off, and University contribution retirement plans.
To make changes to your USI insurance benefits, you must have a qualifying event. Otherwise make changes during our annual Open Enrollment period in November.
The University also offers on-campus benefits and conveniences such as use of the Recreation, Fitness and Wellness Center, University Health Center, Dental Clinic, Rice Library, and childcare at the Children's Learning Center. Discounts are available at the USI Campus Store and Screaming Eagles athletic home games. (Details)
Tuition fee waivers are available for eligible employees, their spouses and dependents. Employees may also have fees waived for noncredit courses offered by Outreach and Engagement.
Off campus benefits including local business employee discounts can be found here.