At the University of Southern Indiana, we value our faculty, support staff and administrators, and recognize them as our greatest asset. The University provides a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, paid time off, and University contribution retirement plans.
To make changes to your USI insurance benefits, you must have a qualifying event. Otherwise make changes during our annual Open Enrollment period in November. 2017 Open enrollment is now closed.
- Anthem Blue View Vision coverage ends 12/31/2016
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) coverage begins 1/1/2017
- There is no insurance card for VSP insurance
- To use VSP, simply tell your in-network provider you have VSP and they will determine eligibility online using the employee’s name and Social Security Number.
- You will receive new cards for Anthem Core and Lumenos medical plans
- Live Health Online will be available for a $15 co-pay on Anthem Core Plan and a reduced office visit fee on the Lumenos Plan
- Sign-up at livehealthonline.com
- Live Health Online is the only in-network vendor for this service and there is no out-of-network coverage
- Anthem is replacing the Healthy Lifestyles Program with Web MD Online Wellness Toolkit
- Lumenos Members- please make sure to complete any programs you are working on in order to earn points in Healthy Lifestyles before 12/31/2016
- You will not need to re-register for the new program, just log into your current Anthem Account and click on Wellness
- More detailed information will be provided when available from Anthem
The University also offers on-campus benefits and conveniences such as use of the Recreation, Fitness and Wellness Center, University Health Center, Dental Clinic, Rice Library, and childcare at the Children's Learning Center. Discounts are available at the USI Campus Store and Screaming Eagles athletic home games. (Details)
Tuition fee waivers are available for eligible employees, their spouses and dependents. Employees may also have fees waived for noncredit courses offered by Outreach and Engagement.
Off campus benefits including local business employee discounts can be found here.
Need a form? Check out the Benefits Forms and Links page for the latest benefits forms.