1. Complete the International Student Application online and submit with your $40 application fee. Download tips for completing the application here.
2. Send original official transcripts of all secondary schools and universities directly to Admissions at the University of Southern Indiana for the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to USI. All credentials must be submitted in the original language and translated into English. All credentials should bear the original stamp or seal of the school and be in a sealed envelope from the school.
IMPORTANT: If you are currently enrolled at another school, don't send your transcript until you have grades for everything except your final term.
TRANSFER APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE UNIVERSITIES: Please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript with the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) or the China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC). The report must be mailed directly to USI Admissions by the CDGDC or CHESICC.
3. Send an official (photocopy not acceptable) TOEFL score report verifying a minimum total score of 525 (paper test) or 197 (computerized test) or 71 (Internet based), or official APIEL score report verifying a minimum score of 3, or official IELTS verifying a minimum score of 6, or your Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) statements of results with a minimum grade of C. The TOEFL code for USI is 1335. If English is your native language, USI requires either the ACT or SAT score.
4. Submit an explanation of what you have been doing since you graduated from high school until the month you plan to enroll at USI.
5. Submit a copy of your passport/U.S. visa (if applicable).
6. To receive a J-1 or F-1 visa, you must send a completed International Student Statement of Finances form with a certified bank statement (U.S. currency preferred) or a letter from an employer.
7. If you have a J-1 or F-1 visa and you will be transferring directly to USI from another U.S. school or university, you must also submit an International Student Transfer Form.
Once all requirements are received and reviewed, an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of the admission decision by letter, which will be mailed to the address supplied on your application for admission.
Credits earned through educational institutions located outside the United States will be considered for acceptance after an appropriate evaluation. Educational institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education (or other accrediting body) of the respective country in order for credit to be accepted. We will evaluate your transcripts for transfer credit after you are admitted. We reserve the right to request students to send their documents to an evaluation agency for a course-by-course evaluation report and we will notify you if that applies to you.