University of Southern Indiana


International student

How to Apply

  1. Complete the International Admissions Application online and submit your $40 application fee. Download tips for completing the application here.

  2. Submit original official certificates, diplomas, and transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges/universities you have attended. All credentials must be submitted in the original language and translated to English. All credentials should bear the original stamp or seal of the school and be sent in a sealed envelope from the school.

    IMPORTANT: If you are currently enrolled at another school, don't send your transcript until you have grades for everything except your final term. 

    TRANSFER APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE UNIVERSITIES: Please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript with the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) or the China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC). The report must be mailed directly to USI Admissions by the CDGDC or CHESICC. 

  3. Submit a copy of your passport and U.S. Visa (if previously issued a U.S. Visa). 

  4. Submit OFFICIAL proof of English proficiency directly from the testing agency (photocopy not acceptable). TOEFL minimum total score of 71 (Internet based), 
    525 (paper based test), 197 (computerized test); IELTS overall score of 6 or higher, APIEL minimum score of 3; Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) grade C or higher. 
    The TOEFL code for USI is 1335. **Please note: If you do to meet our English proficiency requirements, you can still achieve conditional admission at USI. 

  5. If English is your native language, submit either official ACT or SAT scores.
    The school code for USI is 1207.

  6. Provide financial documents: To receive a J-1 or F-1 visa, international students must submit financial documents as evidence of the ability to pay fees and expenses for one year. All financial documents must be no older than six months. Please see Costs to determine the amount your financial documents must show. If you will be supported by a family member or another person, you must submit the International Student Statement of Finances form. 

  7. If you have a J-1 or F-1 visa and you will be transferring directly to USI from another U.S. school or university, you must also submit an International Student Transfer Form. If you have a J-1 visa and you will be transferring directly to USI from another U.S. school or university, you must contact Center for International Programs prior to requesting your current university to transfer your record.

  8. If you have taken some time off from school, please submit an explanation of what you have been doing since you graduated from high school until the month you plan to enroll at USI.

Once all requirements are received and reviewed, an admission decision will be made.  Students are notified of the admission decision by letter, which will be mailed to the address supplied on your application for admission.

Learn more about how to get a Transfer Credit Evaluation. 

Contact International Admissions


Send Email to