Become an International Orientation Assistant! Responsibilities include:
- Airport Greetings - meet new students at the airport (or bus station) and help them settle into their room.
- Tour - join students on the half day tour of Evansville and to Eastland Mall
- Shopping - take students to the store to get linens, blankets, toiletries and other necessary items after their arrival
- Assist with various orientation sessions - give adequate and useful information about campus life such as meal plans, laundry, athletic gym and shuttle bus, etc.
- Assist with extended orientation activities (first weeks)
- Assist IPS Office with logistics before, during and after orientation week (stuffing packets, etc.)
- Help organize fun activities - such as pizza party, bowling, etc.
- Follow-up contact during the semester
- Transportation - help students learn to navigate the bus system and getting around Evansville.
- Participate in training for International Orientation Assistant (about 2 hours)
Timeline for Fall 2012
- August 13 (Mon) --- International students arrive in Evansville
- August 14-August 29 (Tues-Sun) --- International Orientation
- August 20 (Mon) --- Fall semester begins
What are the Benefits?
- Stipend of $150
- Broaden your horizons
- Enhance your leadership & communications skills
- A fun way to meet new people and an exciting start to the fall semester!!!