International Orientation Assistants
Become an International Orientation Assistant!
· Participate in
training for International Orientation Assistant(about 2 hours)
· Assist IPS Office
with logistics before, during and after orientation week (stuffing packets, etc.)
· Airport Greetings - meet new students at the airport (or
bus station) and help them settle into their room.
· Shopping - take students to the store to get
linens, blankets, toiletries and other necessary items after their arrival
· Assist with various
orientation sessions - give
adequate and useful information about campus life such as meal plans, laundry,
athletic gym and shuttle bus, etc.
· Tour - join students on the half day tours
of Evansville and New Harmony
· Help organize fun
activities - such as pizza party,
· Assist with extended
orientation activities (first
· Follow-up contact
during the semester
· Transportation - help students learn to navigate the
bus system and getting around Evansville.
Timeline for Fall 2013
Fall '13 Assistant Application
August 14 (Thu) --- Orientation Assistant training
August 18 (Mon) --- International students
arrive in Evansville
August 19-August 24 (Tues-Sun) --- International
August 25 (Mon) --- Fall semester begins
October 27 (Tentative) --- Intensive English
*this is a shorter orientation for new students arriving for the IEPs Fall II
Timeline for Spring 2014
Spring '14 Assistant Application
- January 6-7 (Mon-Tue)
International students arrive in Evansville
- January 8-11 (Wed-Sat)
- January 13 (Mon)
Spring semester begins
What are the Benefits?
- Student hourly pay (minimum wage)
- Broaden your horizons
- Enhance your leadership & communications skills
- A fun way to meet new people and an exciting start to the fall semester!!!