To borrow a student response clicker from Information Technology, a faculty member should send email to or make phone contact with the IT help desk.
Email: by clicking the Contact us link in the top right of this page.
The following policies should be kept in mind.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loans of student response clickers are for an individual class session and must be picked up at the IT office shortly before class and returned to IT as quickly as possible following the class session to facilitate use of the clickers by others.
- Faculty should take care to collect all clickers from students at the end of the class session given that unreturned clickers will be charged back to the department if lost.
- To ensure that the appropriate software is loaded on the classroom computers, faculty should request that IT check the classroom computers where the system is expected to be used.
To borrow a student response system receiver from Information Technology, the following policies should be kept in mind.
- Loans of the student response system receivers are for an individual semester and must be picked up at the IT office shortly before the beginning of the semester and returned to IT by the end of finals week.
- Faculty should not loan the receivers to other faculty members during the course of the semester for several reasons:
- IT wants to record the actual demand for receivers so that a sufficient supply is kept on-hand.
- IT needs to ensure that software is properly installed and registered on classroom computers where the student response systems are to be used.
- IT needs to maintain a list of those using the student response system so that updates and new training opportunities may be properly advertised. Lost receivers will be charged back to the borrower’s department.
To ensure that the appropriate software is loaded on the classroom computers, faculty should request that IT check the classroom computers where the system is expected to be used. When not in use, the receiver should be kept in an anti-static bag (provided).
- One set (30 units) of Turning Point LCD equipped clickers.
- Eight sets (30 units) of Turning Point card-style clickers.
- 25 Turning Point receivers
Information Technology does not maintain clickers for loan directly to or indirectly for individual student use as supplement to classes where clicker purchases have been required by the instructor.