Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
To be considered for admission to the MALS program, the applicant
- An application to Graduate Studies.
- $40 non-refundable application fee.
- One official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate
institution attended. Transcripts and other educational records
are official if the issuing institution sends them directly to the
Office of Graduate Studies. Failure to submit official
transcripts from every institution will delay admission. Course
work from one institution reported as transfer credit on another
school's transcript doesn't not constitute an official transcript.
In addition to the regular requirements for admission to graduate
study at USI, admission to the MALS program requires the following:
- A resume.
- A written statement of interest describing the importance of a MALS degree to the candidate's personal, intellectual, or career development (500 words or less).
- Recommendations by three individuals who know the candidate well
(download recommendation forms here:
PDF Format -
RTF Format -
- An interview with MALS director.
Because of the interdisciplinary, nontraditional nature of the
program, the GRE exams are not required.
Students should submit
all materials at least one month prior
to the entry date sought. An interview will be arranged after all
other materials are on file.
MALS Program allows students to apply for the program and begin classes
in any semester.
Application Forms and other Admission Documents