Several formats are offered for your convenience:
To qualify for the program, prospective intern must:
- Have junior or senior status (completed at least 62 credit hours)
- Have a declared major or minor in Political Science
- Have completed nine hours of Political Science
- Have at least a 2.5 overall GPA (Preference will be given to students with higher GPAs)
- Plan to attend law school
- Be able to work 10 - 12 hours per week (a total of at least 150 hours for the semester)
- Agree to enroll for no more than 15 credit hours (including POLS496) during the Fall or Spring semesters and no more than 6 credit hours during summer sessions
- Fulfill requirements set by the Internship Office at USI that can
be obtained from
the Career Services and Placement Office in OC 1012
- Complete the Application for Approval for the internship, which
includes a signed
statement of compliance with these requirements.
The student must enroll in Political Science 496, Research in Political Science, and meet the requirements for that course specified by the instructor.
Interns will usually receive a stipend applicable toward tuition for the internship course (3 hours) and other incidental expenses (e.g. transportation) connected with the internship. The amount of the stipend is not a standard fee and will vary from employer to employer.