1 - Letters of Recommendation
Provide materials, including resume about 1 ½ months in advance
1. Discuss it face to face.
2. Provide non-official transcript with courses taken from this professor highlights. Add sheet with other academic interactions (e.g., internships, independent study, research, club activities, etc.)
3. Provide a current resume
4. Provide a copy of your personal statement that you’ve written for graduate schools.
5. Provide all forms from the schools with typed, addressed and stamped #10 business sized envelopes. Fill in your name on the form and sign the waiver statement (yes or no).
6. Provide a table with the name of each school and the deadline date for the letter.
7. Get all materials to your letter writer well in advance (4-6 weeks) – be careful of school breaks when we might not be here!
8. Whether or not you are accepted, we are interested in what you are doing. Drop one of us a postcard or email and we’ll share. Tell us your plans and new address. While in grad school you make a nice contact for other students.
Taken from Morgan and Korschgen, 1998, p. 112