|Center for Social Justice
Education Home >>
|Faculty & Staff|
Family and Children
The Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) recognizes the critical need to recruit and retain the best, brightest and most committed employees to work with at-risk families.
The Child Welfare BSW Scholars Program strives to enhance the recruitment and retention of qualified employees. The program offers students the opportunity to attend their senior year of the BSW tuition-free. Students are able to learn in-depth course content about child welfare and practice working with children and families while having the support of DCS staff and MSW prepared professionals. DCS offers the student employment with a competitive salary within two months of graduation.
|For more information, contact:|
C. Christy Baker
Phone: 812-465-7116 | Email
What do you receive?
1) Senior tuition paid.
2) A stipend to cover additional student expenses.
3) Education and training toward employment at a local DCS office within two months of graduation and recieve a competitive salary.
How do you apply?
1) Contact Christy Baker in the Social Work Department.
2) Apply and be accepted into the Child Welfare BSW Scholars Program during your junior year.
What is your responsibility?
1) Successfully complete the BSW program.
2) Successfully complete two specialized child welfare courses.
3) Accept upon graduation an offer of employment in the a local DCS office.
4) Complete a minimum of two years post-graduate employment for DCS.
A program offered by the Indiana Department of Child Services & IUSSW through the University of Southern Indiana.
|It is the policy of the University of Southern Indiana to be in full compliance with all federal and state nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity laws, orders, and regulations relating to race, sex, religion, handicap, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status, Questions or concerns should be directed to the Affirmative Action officer, USI Human Resources Dept., Orr Center Room# 012, University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47712 (Telephone: 812/464-1815). Office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.|