Refereed Journal Articles
- Tracking the New World Order: Films, Frames and Geopolitical Performance. Space and Culture vol 5, no. 2, May 2002.
- Reading Sexuality in Popular Music. Radical Teacher 52, spring 1998.
- Building Trust in Inter-Ethnic Encounters. (with Alexander Matejko) Canadian Ethnic Studies vol.25, no.2,
Published Book Reviews
- Motherhood and Representation by E. Ann Kaplan.
Canadian Journal of Sociology vol.19, no.3, 1994.
- Media Theory by Fred Inglis.
Canadian Journal of Sociology vol.17, no.2, 1992.
- Homoeroticism and Homophobia: Identifying Points of Convergence and Divergence in Popular Culture. Pacific Sociological Association Conference, Pasadena, CA. April 5, 2003.
- What If?: Consumption and the Construction of Fear in Everyday Life. Pacific Sociological Association Conference, Vancouver, BC. April 19, 2002.
- Performative Geopolitics and American Hegemony: Cold War Representations in Popular Film. North Central Sociological Association Conference, Louisville, KY. April 6, 2001.
- Cultural Genocide of Native Peoples: The Canadian Experience. Liberal Arts Colloquium, University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, IN. Feb. 23, 2001.
- Sexuality and Popular Music: Adventures in Pedagogy. Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association Conference, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB. May 30, 2000.
- The Cold War's End as Frame Disruption: A Macro Application of Goffmanian Frame Analysis. Sociology Guest Speaker Series, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Feb. 5, 1999.
- Compositions of Freedom: Punk and Rap in Jacques Attali's New Paradigm of Sound. International Association for the Study of Popular Music Conference, McGill University, Montréal, QC, Nov. 16, 1996.
- Coding and Packaging the Classical Composer and the Rock Star. Cross(over) Relations Conference, Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, Sept. 26, 1996.
- Lacanian Psychoanalysis, Narrative Cinema and Music Video. Learned Societies Conference, Montréal, QC, June 5, 1995.
- Ethnic Diversity and Communicative Creativity: A Phenomenological Approach. Learned Societies Conference, Calgary, AB, June 13, 1994.
- Music Video and the Genderless Address. Learned Societies Conference, Calgary, AB, June 12, 1994.
- Filling the Threat Vacuum: American Film and the End of the Cold War. Carleton University Sociology Work-in-Progress Symposium, Ottawa, ON, Oct. 22, 1993.
- The Identification of Postmodern Texts: The Case of Music Video. Carleton University Contemporary Discourse Analysis Symposium. Ottawa, ON, March 13, 1993.
- Reification and Emergent Transformation in the Works of Karl Marx, Alfred Schutz and George Herbert Mead. University of Alberta Graduate Research Symposium, Edmonton, AB, Oct. 29, 1991.