A minor in social science with an emphasis in historical perspectives is designed specifically to meet the needs of the prospective elementary or junior high/middle school teacher.
This minor may be used only in combination with a major of Elementary Education or Special Education.
This minor may not be used in combination with a teaching major at the secondary education level (or Early Childhood, or a non-teaching major).
This minor will not lead to licensure in social sciences for secondary education. Certification for high school teachers requires completion of the Social Science Secondary Education Major degree.Check out the Elementary Education Student Handbook for more information.
Required Courses ~ 21 hours:
- History 101 or 102, 3 hrs
- History 111 or 112, 3 hrs
- History 298 (Historical Methods), 3 hrs
- 300-level US or World History, 3 hrs
- Political Science 101 or 102, 3 hrs
- Sociology 121, 3 hrs
- Geography 112 or 330, 3 hrs
Elective course ~ 3 hours, selected from:
- Economics 175, 208 or 209, 3 hrs
- Psychology 201, 3 hrs
- Geology 101, 3 hrs
For more information, contact: