A minor in social science with an emphasis in historical perspectives is designed specifically to meet the needs of the prospective elementary or junior high/middle school teacher.
This minor may be used only in combination with a major of Elementary Education or Special Education.
This minor may not be used in combination with a teaching major at the secondary education level (or Early Childhood, or a non-teaching major).
This minor will not lead to licensure in social sciences for secondary education.Check out the Elementary Education Student Handbook for more information.
Required Courses ~ 21 hours:
- History 101 or 102, 3 hrs
- History 111 or 112, 3 hrs
- History 298 (Historical Methods), 3 hrs
- 300-level US or World History, 3 hrs
- Political Science 101 or 102, 3 hrs
- Sociology 121, 3 hrs
- Geography 112 or 330, 3 hrs
Elective course ~ 3 hours, selected from:
- Economics 175, 208 or 209, 3 hrs
- Psychology 201, 3 hrs
- Geology 101, 3 hrs
For more information, contact: