Curriculum - 36 Hours
The one year, advanced standing program offers daytime courses, typically on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00-2:45 pm, with field placements during normal working hours.
|Summer Semester 1|
|SOCW||Electives 2 (Early start option) 3||3-6 hours|
|SOCW 601||Clinical Assessment and Psychopathology in Social Work||3 hours|
|SOCW 608||Theories of Clinical Practice||3 hours|
|SOCW 611||Graduate Field Placement II 4||2 hours|
|SOCW 612||Integrated Field Placement Seminar II||1 hour|
|SOCW 652||Family and Couples Therapy
|SOCW 660||Clinical Practice with Groups||3 hours|
|SOCW 602||Clinical Planning and Treatment Process in Social Work||3 hours|
|SOCW 605||Practice Evaluation||3 hours|
|SOCW 611||Graduate Field Placement II 4||4 hours|
|SOCW 612||Integrated Field Placement Seminar II||2 hours|
|SOCW 671||Social Work Management 5||3 hours|
|Summer Semester 1 - Includes First, Second and Third Summer Sessions|
|SOCW 610||Human Diversity in Social Work Practice||3 hours|
|SOCW||Electives 2||3-6 hours|
1. All summer courses delivered as hybrids, meeting up to five times (4 hour blocks) during the 10-week summer semester.
2. Students required to take only two electives (6 hours) and may opt for non-social work graduate electives with prior approval of the MSW Program Director.
3. Advanced standing students may request an early start, begining classes in the summer with prior approval.
4. SOCW 611 is the field practicum related to advanced clinical work content taught in the 600-level courses. Students complete 600 hours of supervised field experience from fall through spring semesters and may complete hours during the Christmas break with prior approval.
5. SOCW 671 is delivered as a hybrid course, meeting up to eight times, once a week during the regular semester.