Mission and Objectives
The Center for Social Justice Education promotes social justice and empowerment through education, research and collaboration.
The objectives of the Center for Social Justice Education are embedded in education, research, and service for social advocacy.
- Increase social and economic justice awareness.
- Advocacy of social and economic justice at mezzo & macro levels.
- Increase the number of social work placements within specialized fields.
- Increase the number of cross-disciplinary opportunities advancing social and economic justice.
- Develop educational opportunities with local agencies and organizations.
- Increase knowledge base related to evidence based practice and interventions impacting social and economic issues
- Increase the use of current research knowledge in the classroom through interactive and collaborative partnerships.
- Increase the number of funded research opportunities for students and faculty.
- Increase the number of faculty publication from research based projects
- Increase the number of collaborative external partnerships addressing social and economic issues.
- Increase the number of collaborative internal partnerships addressing social and economic issues.
- Develop local, state, national and international partnerships.