Spring Finals Have Arrived!
Wednesday, April 25th & Thursday, April 26th OPEN 7:00AM – 2:00AM
Sunday, April 29th OPEN 12Noon – 2:00AM
Monday, April 30th & Tuesday, May 1st OPEN 7:00AM – 2:00AM
Wednesday, May 2nd OPEN 7:00AM – 6:00PM
Rice Library is a great place to prepare for exams or finish those papers and projects.
Here are some important tips to make the most of the library, stay stress-free, and avoid a last-minute crisis!
- A variety of tables, chairs, and couches are available on
all 4 floors of the library.
- 2 reading rooms for quiet study are located on the 2nd and 4th floors.
- Contact the Checkout counter or Reference desk if there are any loud disruptions.
- Use 1 of 30 group study rooms on floors 2-4 of the library.
- Rooms are on a first come, first serve basis and meant for group, not individual, use.
- Laptops can be borrowed at the Checkout counter for group computer work.
- Dry-erase markers for the whiteboards are also available at the Checkout counter.
- Computers in Lab A and B (1st floor) are the most reliable and should be used for timed tests.
- Always check the lab schedule posted on the door for any potential interruptions.
- If you are unfamiliar with Mac computers don't use them for a timed test! There are plenty of PCs
Papers and Assignments:
- Computers are available on all 4 floors of Rice Library. Laptops can be borrowed at the Checkout counter.
- Save early and often! Computers have been known to log off without providing a recovery document.
- When you start a document, immediately save it and then continue to save it periodically.
- To print, you need funds on the FLEX Account of your Eagle Access card!
- Black and White printing can be done from any of the printers on all 4 floors.
- Remember, Reference librarians are available by phone, email, or in-person for research help.
- Use How To Cite Sources to finish last-minute citations or ask at Reference.
- Remember to be courteous and respectful to fellow students who are also under stress.
- Keep your voice down and use Group Study Rooms if you need to work with others.
- Use headphones (available at Checkout) when listening to music or videos on the computer.
- Use cell phones only in the staircase or public corridor.
- Take a break in the public corridor with a snack and drink from Starbucks or the vending machines.
Rice Library wishes you all the best of luck on your finals, and enjoy your Summer Break!