Spring Finals Have Arrived!
Note: Special Library Hours before and during Finals.
Monday - Friday, April 21st - 25th OPEN 7:00AM – 2:00AM
Saturday, April 26th OPEN 9:00AM - 2:00AM
Sunday, April 27thOPEN Noon – 2:00AM
Monday - Friday, April 28th - May 2nd OPEN 7:00AM – 2:00AM
Saturday, May 3rdOPEN 9:00AM - 2:00AM
Sunday, May 4th OPEN Noon – 2:00AM
Monday - Tuesday, May 5th and 6thOPEN 7:00AM – 2:00AM
Wednesday, May 7th (last day of Finals)OPEN 7:00AM – 8:00PM
Rice Library is a great place to prepare for exams or finish papers and projects.
Here are some important tips to make the best use of the library, stay stress-free, and avoid a last-minute crisis!
- Take advantage of extended hours.
Papers and Assignments:
- Computers are available on all 4 floors of Rice Library. Laptops can be borrowed at the Checkout counter on the 1st floor.
- Save early and often! Computers have been known to log off without providing a recovery document.
- When you start a document, immediately save it and then continue to save it periodically.
- To print, you need funds on the FLEX Account of your Eagle Access card!
- Black and White printing can be done from any of the printers on all 4 floors.
- Remember, Reference librarians are available by phone (812-464-1907), email, chat, text (812-496-4466), or in-person for research help. see also "Contact Us"
- Use How To Cite Sources to finish last-minute citations or ask at Reference.
- A variety of table and chair arrangements are available on all 4 floors of the library.
- Reading rooms for quiet study are located on the 2nd and 4th floors.
- Contact the Checkout counter (812-464-1913) or the Reference desk (812-464-1907) if there are any loud disruptions. You may also text a librarian @ 812-496-4466 during Reference Desk hours, or chat with a librarian at http://www.usi.edu/library/forms/refform.asp.
- Use 1 of 30 group study rooms on floors 2-4 of the library.
- Rooms are on a first come, first serve basis and intended for group, not individual, use.
- Laptops can be borrowed at the Checkout counter on the 1st floor for group computer work.
- Dry-erase markers for the whiteboards are also available at the Checkout counter.
- 2 Media Hubs on main floor, ask at Checkout counter or Reference for assistance.
- Computers in Lab A and B (1st floor) are the most reliable in that they may receive software updates sooner than other computers and are recommended for timed tests.
- Always check the lab schedule posted on the door for any potential interruptions.
- If you are unfamiliar with Mac computers, we don't advise using one for a timed test.
- Remember to be courteous and respectful to fellow students who are also under stress.
- Keep your voice down and use Group Study Rooms if you need to work with others.
- Ear plugs are available at Checkout on the 1st floor
- Use headphones (available at Checkout) when listening to music or videos on the computer.
- Use cell phones only in the stairwell or public corridor.
- Remember to save your work if leaving a computer to avoid losing your work due to timeout.
- Take a break in the public corridor with a snack and drink from Starbucks or the vending machines.
The Staff at Rice Library wishes you all the best of luck on your finals, and we hope you enjoy your