What's New in Library Services
|REFERENCE SERVICES||SOCIAL MEDIA @ Rice Library||MEDIA HUBS|
See how ProQuest® has continued, and enhanced , the most widely-known and utilized statistical reference used in the U.S. since 1878!
- ProQuest® picks up right where U.S. Census Bureau left off after 134 straight years of publication (1878-2012)
- Rice Library subscribes to both the print and fully-indexed, online version of the ProQuest® Statistical Abstract.
- Accessible through the Databases A-Z list and numerous discipline-specific database pages.
- Click here to access the database.
ProQuest® Statistical Abstract Database Enhanced Features
- Line-item access to tables
- Monthly updates
- Table-specific narrowing of results by source, date, subject, etc.
- Edited by ProQuest® statistical experts
- An updated print edition is available, now co-published by ProQuest® and Bernan Press.
- Thousands of tables, fully cited with detailed bibliographical information
- Updated introductory sections and index
- Available in Rice Library Reference. Click here for the catalog record.
- Older versions published by the Federal Government also available in Rice Library Reference.
- Library’s print editions: 1944/1945, 1964, 1968-2012
- ProQuest® Statistical Abstract of the United States 2013 overview
- ProQuest® Statistical Abstract LibGuide
- Let's Talk Library Blog Post on the ProQuest® Statistical Abstract database
"Filmakers Library Online provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum—race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more. It presents points of view and historical and current experiences from diverse cultures and traditions world-wide."