Book and Media Acquisitions
Acquisitions is the processing area that actually get the books and media for the library's collection of resources.
- verifying whether the requested item is already in the collection
- verifying the availability and vendor(s) for an item
- placing and receiving orders
- verifying and paying invoices
- follow-up for delayed or incorrect orders and billing
- forwarding items to be cataloged
Recommending Library Materials
If you would like to make a recommendation for purchase, please consult our information and instructions for Purchase Recommendations.
When Time is Short
Although we endeavor to obtain items as quickly as possible, the process can take from one to several months. If you need an item before the time in which it could be purchased and cataloged, you may benefit from the library's Interlibrary Loan services, located in the Checkout/Reserves area.
The library also welcomes gifts that will enhance the library's collection and its mission to support the University's academic programs. For more information about gifts to the library, please go to: