Science & Engineering
Authorized Off-Campus Users*: Click on selected database below and follow login instructions. All databases are accessible on campus or remotely from off-campus unless otherwise stated.
We suggest trying these first:
- AccessScience (limit 2 simultaneous users)
- American Chemical Society Journals
- BioOne (biology)
- Compendex (engineering)
- GeoRef (geology/earth sciences)
- SciFinder (chemistry) Registration Required - Need Help Registering?
- SciFinder(registered users)
- Academic Search Premier (multi-subject)
- BioMed Central (open access publisher for science,
technology & medicine)
- Chemistry Central (publishes peer-reviewed open access research in chemistry)
- CREDO reference (online reference resource)
- ebrary's Academic Complete (searchable ebooks from ProQuest)
- EBSCO's eBook Collection (formerly, NetLibrary Books) (new)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- JSTOR (retrospective Scholarly Journals)
- PhysMath Central (publishes peer-reviewed open access
research in physics & mathematics)
- ProQuest Central (multi-subject)(new)
- ProQuest Health and Medical Complete
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- PubMed (citations with some links to full-text content from PubMed Central)
- PubMed Central (free archive of life sciences journals)
- Safarism Books Onlinesm (interactive business
and tech books; limit 4 simultaneous users)
- Science inContext (new) (access through INSPIRE)
- STN (science and technology) password limited
- WorldCat (primarily book information)
*Authorized off-campus users are currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff. Adjunct faculty have access after receiving their 1st paycheck issued during each academic term employed.
For more information or special assistance, contact Martha Niemeier, Associate Director, at 464-1824 or Rose Scruggs, Electronic Services Coordinator at 464-1828.