The major focus of Materials Selection is the identification and approval of materials which support campus instructional needs. More background on Collection Development perspectives and priorities can be found on the Collection Development Mission and Statement of Philosophy page.
Selection is a shared responsibility of librarians and faculty, with each college having a liaison librarian to work with faculty. Please feel free to contact the liaison librarian for your area concerning selection of materials or any other library service needs. Student suggestions for library materials are also welcomed.
- Allied Health - Ashley Clark (812/465-1277) email@example.com
- Business - Dianne Grayson (812/464-1905) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education & Engineering - Brad Reel (812/465-1638) email@example.com
- Kinesiology and Sport; Government Documents - Mona Meyer (812/464-1920) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LA: Humanities - Jennifer Greene (812/464-1832) email@example.com
- LA: Social Sciences - Philip Orr (812/461-5328) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LA: Social Work & Pyschology - Marna Hostetler 812/(464-1824) email@example.com
- Nursing and Health Administration; Reference - Joanne Artz (812/465-1056) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science - Peter Whiting (812/465-1280) email@example.com
How are recommendations submitted?
Place a request. Refer to Purchase Recommendations Procedures
Written form. You may print the Purchase Recommendation Form. Completed requests may be sent through campus mail to either the college's liaison or the Collection Development Department at the library.
Electronic form. Requests can go directly to Collection Development using the electronic version of the Purchase Recommendation Form online.
Faculty members, please consult your department's internal procedures for making purchase recommendations. The dean of the college and the chair of each department are responsible for approving requests generated by the faculty.