ABOUT THE LIBRARY
Food, Drink and Cell Phone Policy
- Drink beverages from reclosable, spill-proof containers. (see examples at right)
Please Do not...
- Drink beverages from cans or open containers.
- Place drinks close to computer workstations or bring them into University Archives and Special Collections.
- Bring food into any area of the library.
- Report any major spills to the Checkout Counter or call Ext. 1913 for immediate clean-up.
- Dispose of drink-related trash in the wastebaskets.
- Help discourage mice and other vermin from taking up residence in the library.
- Keep in mind that drinks can damage books, equipment and furniture.
- Respect staff and follow instructions if you are reminded of this policy.
- Keep all food in the public corridor.
Hungry or Thirsty?
- Vending machines for food and drink are available in the public corridor, outside the library's main entrance. There are also vending machines and a seating area in the Lower Level.
Cell Phone Use
- For courtesy and privacy, cell phone use is restricted to the central stairwell and the public corridor. Please set cell phones to vibrate when in the library.