Printable version (PDF)
Logon and Registration:
- Go to www.usi.edu/library and select "Interlibrary Loan" from the menu bar.
- Choose "ILLiad Login."
- Fill in your MyUSI information.
- Click on "Logon to ILLiad."
ILLiad users are able to:
- Access their Illiad account from any computer with internet access.
- Place new ILL requests
- Check the status of items requested
- View current and previous requests
- Cancel a request
- Resubmit cancelled requests
- Request a Renewal
- Modify personal information
First-time users: Fill in required personal information. (For email field, use ONLY your USI email address.)
Check Rice Library First
- Be sure that Rice Library does not own the item you need before submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request. If you submit an ILL request for an item Rice Library owns, the ILL Unit will cancel your ILL request and notify you.
- For books and videos, search the CATALOG first.
- For journals, magazines, and newspapers, check JOURNAL FINDER first.
- Reference Librarians can help you determine whether Rice Library owns an item. Stop by the Reference Desk (1st floor), call (812) 464-1907 or 1-800-246-6173, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place a New Request
- In the Main Menu under "New Request," select "Copy" for articles or chapters from books, and "Loan" for books, videos or dissertations.
- Fill in as much information as you know about the item.
- Article requests require the journal title, article title, volume number, issue number, date and page numbers
- Book requests require the title, author, publisher, and date
- Dissertation/thesis requests require the author, title, date, and originating university.
*Note: If you are able to supply the ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC number, it will help ILL staff process the request very quickly. These numbers are usually found in the original citation of the item or article. If you are unable to furnish these numbers, it is OK, just leave it blank.
Edit a Request
- Under "View," click on "All Requests."
- Select the Transaction Number. Choose "Edit this request."
Check a Due Date & Request a Renewal
- Under "View," click on "Checked Out Items."
- Look at each item's due date.
- To request a renewal, click on the item's transaction number.
- On the detailed item page, click on "Request Renewal."
For more information see our Renewals link.
Resubmit a Cancelled Request
- Click on "Cancelled Requests."
- In the list of cancelled requests, click on the "Transaction Number" for the item you want to resubmit.
- Click on "Resubmit Request."
- If resubmitting an ILL request to pay a lending or copyright fee, make your payment at the Rice Library Checkout Desk, 1st floor. Your request will be processed as soon as payment is received.
- The "Notifications" section lists all of the automated notices received through email
Electronically Received Articles
- You will receive an email that provides instructions to access the article. Most articles will arrive electronically through ILLiad software as a PDF file.