Library Computer Labs
- Detailed Library Computer Lab Policy
- Using Library Computers and Electronic Resources
- Go to Library Instruction Services
Library Computer Labs A and B are for student use except when reserved for library instruction and training or in a few instances special university functions such as national standardized tests. They are not available for use by non-library classes (unless specific permission has been granted in advance for an exceptional situation).
- LABS A and B are not available for faculty-led sessions.
- LAB A is primarily a teaching lab for library instruction, and closes 15 minutes before each class.
- LAB B is primarily for student use.
- LABS A and B close one hour before library closes.
In order to make the most effective use of these computers for all users, please observe the following:
- Library computers may not be reconfigured.
- Software may not be added or deleted and settings may not be changed.
- Computers and furniture are not to be moved.
Guest/Visitors to the Rice Library:
- Guests who want to see if the library owns a certain book may use one of the computers located to the right of the elevator on each floor.
- Guests who want to do online research or check personal email at the Rice Library will need to request a guest pass at the checkout counter to be able to log on to a computer. (Library computer use rules)