Map Collection and Atlases
- Maps that can be checked out are located on the 1st floor in the Audiovisual area.
- Map sources include the Geological Surveys of the U.S., Indiana, and Kentucky, Bureau of Land Management, the CIA, National Geographic, and others.
- Most Maps are searchable in the Catalog's Basic Search by keyword, with location limit "Map Collection".
- Larger format atlases are located in the ATlas Stands along the wall near the computer labs on the 1st floor.
- Smaller format atlases are shelved in the Reference Collection, 1st floor.
- Atlases range from collections of simple geographic or road maps, to thematic treatment of history, politics, science, religion, etc.
- Atlases on the separate stands are searchable in the Catalog Basic Search by keyword and location limit "Atlas Stands"; for others, use limit "Reference Collection".
- A current wall map of the evansville metro area is mounted next to the Atlas Stands.
- A Reference librarian will be glad to assist you with finding and using maps and atlases!