SPECIFIC TYPES OF SOURCES
The following web sites, catalogs, and databases give history scholars access to primary sources:
- Rice Library Catalog
- America: History & Life with Full-Text
- Historical Abstracts with Full-Text
- A Guide to Primary Sources for U.S. History
- EuroDocs: Online Sources for European History
Example search for primary sources in WorldCat:
- Type Abigail Adams in the first text box. Type "correspondence" in the second text box.
- Click on Search.
- Optional: substitute the word “correspondence” with other terms that denote primary sources:
- Archival resources
- Public opinion
- Pictorial works
See also: Historical Methods Subject Guide
For further assistance locating books, please visit, call or email the Rice Library Reference Desk: (812) 464-1907 / 1-800-246-6173, or email@example.com.