The major focus of Materials Selection is the identification and approval of materials which support campus instructional needs. More background on Collection Development perspectives and priorities can be found on the Collection Development Mission and Statement of Philosophy page.
Selection is a shared responsibility of librarians and faculty, with each college having a liaison librarian to work with faculty. Please feel free to contact the liaison librarian for your area concerning selection of materials or any other library service needs. Student suggestions for library materials are also welcomed.
- Business - Dianne Grayson
- Education - TBA
- Kinesiology & Sports - TBA
- Health Careers & Health Professions - TBA
- Liberal Arts: Fine Arts - Mona Meyer
- Liberal Arts: Human Services - Kate Sherrill
- Liberal Arts: Language Arts - Jennifer Greene
- Liberal Arts: Social Science - Jennifer Greene
- Science & Engineering - Peter Whiting
How are recommendations submitted?
Place a Request. Refer to Purchase Recommendations Procedures
Written form. You may print the Purchase Recommendation Form. Completed requests may be sent through campus mail to either the college's liaison or the Collection Development Department at the library.
Electronic form. Requests can go directly to Collections & Resources using the electronic version of the Purchase Recommendation Form online.
Faculty members, please consult your department's internal procedures for making purchase recommendations.