The University of Southern Indiana is proud to offer first-time, first-year students the opportunity to participate in the Making Achievement Possible (MAP-Works) Program.
MAP-Works is a web-enabled, comprehensive, integrated, student retention and success platform designed to help new students transition to college life and help assist students in establishing connections and developing positive habits to succeed at USI and beyond.
This program focuses on four key areas:
- Providing early intervention to students who may benefit from additional assistance
- Aligning student expectations with actual outcomes
- Cultivating student involvement
- Facilitating the social and emotional transition to college
USI's new freshmen will participate in 3 MAP-Works components during their first year on campus.
- The MAP-Works Fall Transition Inventory (approximately 125 questions) is administered online and is the tool that serves as the catalyst for early intervention. Once completed, students will receive a student report that norms their responses with national data and USI student data.
- The MAP-Works Fall Checkup
- The MAP-Works Spring Checkup