Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of the MRL?
- To provide all students, staff, and faculty, inclusively, with scholarly opportunities accessing, using, and developing information skill sets for the purposes of academic, career, and personal life long learning pursuits.
- To promote cross-cultural sharing experiences in a hospitable learning environment for groups and individuals.
2. What resources does the MRL carry?
- Periodicals (magazines and newspapers)
3. What populations/subjects does the center target?
- Abilities and Disabilities
- African Americans
- Asian Americans
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender
- Hispanic Americans
- Multicultural Education
- Multicultural Health
- Native Americans
- Unearned Privilege
4. What is the borrowing policy?
All students, faculty and staff with an Eagle Access card are welcomed to borrow our resources. The loan periods for books is two weeks and for videocassettes is one week. Periodicals cannot be checked out.
5. What are the library hours?
The MRL is open 8-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
6. Where is the library located?
The MRL is located in the Multicultural Center in University Center 113.
7. How can I find out what titles are available?
Check the Online Catalog for David L. Rice Library at
8600 University Boulevard - Evansville, IN 47712-3596 - 812/464-8600
Copyright © 2013 University of Southern Indiana. All rights reserved.