Women Unlocked is designed to connect and empower African American women to create opportunities and build relationships that will have a positive impact on their success.
This group is founded upon the principles of ladies being able to express themselves in a non-threatening, non-judgmental environment.
- Show respect for one another
- Inspire one another
- Form a sisterhood
- Give back to the community
- Participants receive support, guidance, and encouragement
- The ability to define goals and make plans
- Establish independence
- Overcome obstacles
- Achieve personal success
- Achieve professional success
In return, paticipants have an opportunity to learn from themseleves, USI women, USI alumnae and community leaders and know that their contribution of time and effort is supporting the next generation of African American women leaders.