Thursday, September 29, 2011
Historic Southern Indiana will celebrate 25th anniversary with bus tour
Contact for more information:
Outreach & Engagement
With a start and end point in Jeffersonville, the bus tour also includes:
- Shopping, a trolley tour, and lunch at Thomas Family Winery in Madison
- A visit to the Red Wolf Sanctuary in Rising Sun
- Tasting at Great Crescent Brewery, shopping, a walking tour, a candlelight tour, dinner at Hillforest, and desert at Veraestau in Aurora
- Overnight accommodations and breakfast at Hollywood Casino and Hotel in Lawrenceburg
- Photo at covered bridge at Versailles State Park and a tour of Tyson Temple in Versailles
- Lunch and tour of Stream Cliff Herb Farm and Winery in Commiskey
- A visit to Schimpff's Confectionery in Jeffersonville
A complete agenda is available at www.usi.edu/hsi/events/25thbustour.asp.
Single occupancy registration is $250 and double occupancy is $200. Registration also includes bus transportation, entrance fees, lunch and dinner on October 20, and breakfast and lunch on October 21.
For more information, or to register, contact USI's Division of Outreach and Engagement at 812/464-1989 or 800/467-8600. Registrations can also be completed online at www.usi.edu/extserv/ssl/regform.asp with course number HSI930A for single occupancy or HSI930B for double occupancy. If you would like a double occupancy room and have a roommate preference, include their name in the special requirements section in the online registration form.
The deadline to register is Friday, October 7.
Historic Southern Indiana, an outreach and engagement project of USI, was created in 1986 to serve the southern 26 counties of Indiana. Its goals are to identify, preserve, protect, enhance, and promote the historical, natural, and recreational resources of the region. It seeks to implement those goals through programs in historic preservation, history education, heritage tourism, community development, and scenic byways. Its office is a part of USI's Division of Outreach and Engagement.