Monday, November 07, 2011
Nominate your advisor for Outstanding Advising Award
Contact for more information:
News & Information Services
Students and colleagues may nominate an individual. To nominate, fill out the nomination form and submit a one-page letter indicating why the advisor deserves recognition.
Nominators should provide a first-person account of why the nominee is deserving of the award and discuss the following criteria for outstanding academic advisors:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability to advisees, faculty, or staff
- Frequency of contact with advisees
- Appropriate referral activity
- Use and dissemination of appropriate information sources
- Caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and staff
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and career goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
All full-time faculty and professional advising staff are eligible. Nomination forms are available in each college office, the Office of Academic Affairs (WA 104), or at http://www.usi.edu/acadadv/AdvAward/AdvAward.asp. The deadline for nominations is Friday, December 2.
Last year's USI Outstanding Advisor Awards went to Dr. Jeanne Barnett, Dr. Glenna Bower, Dr. Mary Hallock Morris, Dr. Susanna Hoeness-Krupsaw, and Beth Otto.