If you are using IE7 or Mozilla/Firefox 1.5 or higher click here.
If you are using a browser earlier than IE7 or Mozilla/Firefox 1.5, please follow these instructions:
Really Simple Syndication is an
XML-based format for content distribution for use in news readers and
Web logs (blogs). This feed includes up-to-date information and
links back to the website for more information. RSS feeds are
There are a number of ways to access RSS
- Here at USI you can subscribe to a
channel in MyUSI. The procedure is explained under the Tutorial
tab in MyUSI.
- You can install a news reader that
displays RSS feeds from the Web sites you select, enabling you to view
hundreds of headlines at once. After installing the news reader, you
can add each feed manually from the Web site by clicking on the
appropriate urlbelow. Here is a link to
a free RSS reader:
- An alternative to downloading a
dedicated news reader is to use a Web-based news reader.
- My Yahoo! users can now add RSS feeds directly to their personal page.
- Bloglines is a free online RSS feed aggragator.
For more information about RSS read the
How do I access a RSS news feed with my newsreader?
You need the URL of the RSS feed page.
- Copy the URL of the desired feed:
News and Information : http://www.usi.edu/newsinfo/rss/press.asp
- Open up your newsreader software and paste that URL into the
- The new feed will appear with an appropriate name.
- Click on any headline to be sent to the website for
more information on the topic.
USI Home |
| Events and News
8600 University Boulevard - Evansville, IN 47712-3596 - 812/464-8600
Copyright © 2013 University of Southern Indiana. All rights reserved.